Powder for concentrate for solution for injection or infusion. Ultra-short-acting opioid
Remifentanil is indicated as an analgesic agent for use during induction and/or maintenance of general anaesthesia.
Remifentanil is indicated for provision of analgesia in mechanically ventilated intensive care patients 18 years of age and over.
- injection vial: 1 mg, 2 mg, 5 mg
- Rapid onset and offset 1,3
- Organ independent metabolism 2
- No accumulation 1,3
- Shorter duration of mechanical ventilation and quicker ICU discharge 4,5
Information may differ in your country. Before prescribing refer to nationally approved prescribing information.
1. Egan T. Remifentanil Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics.
Clin. Pharmacokinet. 1995; 29 (2): 80-94
2. Höhne C. Opioids during anesthesia in liver and renal failure.
Anaesthesist 2004; 53:291-303
3. Wilhelm W. The place for short-acting opioids: special emphasis on remifentanil. Critical Care 2008; 12 (Suppl 3):S5
4. Dahaba A.A. Remifentanil versus Morphine Analgesia and Sedation for Mechanically Ventilated Critically Ill Patients. Anesthesiology 2004; 101:640-6
5. Muellejans B. Sedation in the intensive care unit with remifentanil/propofol versus midazolam/fentanyl: a randomized, open label, pharmacoeconomic trial.
Critical Care 2006; 10:R91